If you’ve taken the Introduction to CMMI for Services course and you want to learn more about development, this course is for you. This one-day course introduces you to the CMMI for Development (CMMI-DEV) model, which describes effective practices for developing quality products for customers and end users.
The course is composed primarily of class exercises, discussion, and presentations. After attending the course, you will be able to describe the CMMI-DEV model, discuss the model’s process areas, and locate information in the model.
This course, with its prerequisite, Introduction to CMMI for Services, fulfills a prerequisite for any course or role requiring an official SEI Introductory CMMI for Development course. It is designed for professionals who have already taken Introduction to CMMI for Services. A three-day Introduction to CMMI for Development course is also available for developers who have not yet taken an introductory course.
Who should attend?
- Service providers who also develop products
- Process improvement group members
- Potential instructors
- CMMI-DEV appraisal team members
- SCAMPI Lead Appraisers and SCAMPI B and C Team Leaders
- Anyone interested in learning about CMMI-DEV
- Comparing concepts in service and development
- Differences and similarities in CMMI-SVC and CMMI-DEV
- Overview and detailed review of development content in CMMI
- How services might help development
- Lifecycles in service and development
This course enables you to
- Explain how CMMI-DEV can help a development or service organisation to improve its development processes
- Describe the unique elements of CMMI-DEV compared to CMMI-SVC
- Locate information in the CMMI-DEV model
- Consider when to use CMMI-SVC and when to use CMMI-DEV
Before registering for this course, students must successfully complete the Introduction to CMMI for Services course.
Participants will receive
- CMMI for Development model
- Participant notebook
- Exercise materials